Volunteering Opportunities » Special Olympics Official
Special Olympics Official
- Mon, 07 Aug 2017 - Sat, 12 Aug 2017
- Sport / Physical Activity
- Disability Sport
- Application Deadline
- 4:00pm - Sat 10th June, 2017
- Disability, Inclusion, coaching, officiating, volunteers
The Games will be held in Sheffield, which is the second City to host the Games for a second time. During the Games, Athletes will be competing at a variety of sports venues across the city and specific details about the sports venues and schedules for each sport will be revealed towards the end of 2016.
150+ officials need to be recruited to fulfil a broad range of roles. Special Olympics officials are required to ensure that the competition adheres to the rules of the sport and the policies of Special Olympics. They are integral to ensuring the Games run smoothly and to the highest possible standard.
- There is a minimum age of 18 (on the first day of the Games) for the majority of Officials roles
- All Officials will be required to make themselves available for a minimum 2 consecutive competition days during the Games but preferably for all competition days (4 days)
- The competition schedule will vary between sports and we hope to have more information on timings towards the end of 2016. However, please note that some competitions will be held in the evening
- All Officials are required to attend a Games related training event in Sheffield
- We will pay travel expenses for the majority of Officials up to a set limit
- Accommodation will only be provided for key non-local officials if pre-approved by Special Olympics GB National Office
If you feel that you can meet the requirements and fulfil the commitment as outlined above and would like to register to become a 2017 Games Official – please visit the online registration page.