Club Sports Specialist
MNR Coaching have an exciting opportunity available for coaches looking to build experience in the sports coaching sector. The ideal candidate will need use of a vehicle and experience in working with children within the Primary School age group (4-11). Other opportunities to support and gain additional work within MNR Coaching in community, holiday camps and NGB club support may also be available.
- £12 - £20ph (dependant on qualifications/experience)
- MNR Coaching
- Placed On
- Thu 6th August, 2020
- 12:00am - Fri 21st August, 2020
About Club Sports Specialist
The candidate will be expected to plan, prepare and lead independent club coaching sessions throughout the school day, travel will be required between each session and up-to date DBS/First Aid and minimum L1 in coaching sport will be required – full training will be given to support.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning, preparing, and delivering a fun, engaging and progressive coaching programme to children (4-11 age group)
- Implementing good practice and administering First Aid and Safeguarding procedures when necessary within coaching programmes
- Ensuring good group management skills are implemented to ensure all children are engaged throughout the programmes and focused on the activities
- Completing performance reports and tracking progress of each young person taking part in the programmes delivered
- Liaising with pathway/community links to provide exit routes for each young person taking part in the programmes delivered
- Supporting and engaging in the community to provide opportunities to young people to take part in recreational sport.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- At least 1 x recognised NGB Qualification in traditional sport(s) – level 1 or above
- Experience in delivering to children (4-11 age bracket)
- Full, clean DBS (renewed within the last 3 years)
- Updated First Aid/Child Protection Certificate (or willingness to self-fund an update by the start date).
Desirable Requirements for the role:
- Numerous NGB Qualifications in a range of sports.
- Experience in teaching PE lessons/ASCs in Primary Schools
- Experience of delivering holiday club provision.
Advantages to working with MNR Coaching:
- Full kit and equipment to ensure high quality delivery.
- Support with funding to gain relevant CPD (continued professional development)
- Small, friendly team motivated to give guidance and support to any new member with initiatives
- Flexible opportunities to work full-time either through delivering sports throughout the week or splitting duties between coordinator and delivery
- Networking opportunities with a few different organisations allowing a range of upskilling opportunities throughout the role.
- Bonus Schemes available throughout the different sectors to increase earning
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.