Club and Group Development Manager
3D* (*Derbyshire Consortium for Third Sector support) in conjunction with Active Derbyshire & Active Notts are recruiting to an exciting strategic development position focussed on Physical Activity
- £30,507 per annum + pension
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Thu 30th July, 2020
- 9:00am - Mon 24th August, 2020
- Interview Date
- Wed 2nd September, 2020
About Club and Group Development Manager
Working across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire, the postholder will lead this exciting programme which aims to explore, actualise and learn from the potential of the VCSE sector in enabling Physical Activity to be the norm for everybody in our communities.
The main roles of the Club and Group Development Manager are:
• Increasing understanding of the ongoing and changing support needs of groups & clubs, working with a range of partners to ensure needs are met
• Understanding the potential within existing VCSE organisations across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to capitalise on their connectivity with less active people to bring about more activity
• Engage with existing VCSE sports clubs to explore if they have capacity and capability to extend their reach and delivery to support broader communities
• Devise a range of solutions with programme partners to address any barriers, challenges or opportunities that may arise through engaging with VCSE sports clubs and other community organisations.
• Making and establishing connections so that the work informs local and national strategy and policy including two-way feedback into Club Matters a Sport England national support programme for clubs, organisations and community groups.
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate:
• A good understanding of sport/ physical activity and/ or VCSE sectors.
• Experience of developing, managing and supporting a workforce including volunteers, community groups and professionals.
• Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with a wide range of people and partnership towards a shared purpose
• Ability to inspire confidence and motivation through leadership
• Recent experience of working ideally at a senior level in any of the following: community development, project management, physical activity and sport development.
• Excellent communication skills, good literacy and numeracy.
• Good IT skills and ability to maintain records and statistics to monitor the personal progress and progress of the project.
• Excellent organisational, planning, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Experience of leading, supporting and developing people is necessary.
• Ability to work with a multi-agency steering group
Salary per annum £30,507per annum + pension
Hours of work up to 37 hours per week, occasional evening work may be required
Holidays 6wks,pro rata + bank holidays.
Based TBC, working across Derby/ Derbyshire, Nottingham/ Nottinghamshire
Contract length: 18 months
Please telephone 01773 512076 / email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Thank you for your interest.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.