This post, funded by Sport England, will be part of the senior team both within Yorkshire Sport Foundation and Sport England and be part of a wider cohort of eight similar posts within CSPs across the country.
- £55,175 - £60,000
- Full Time
- Yorkshire Sport Foundation
- Placed On
- Mon 28th May, 2018
- 5:00pm - Fri 22nd June, 2018
About Strategic Director
Sport England and County Sports Partnerships (CSPs) are working together to build stronger communities and create a healthier and happier nation, through sport and physical activity. The focus of this partnership centres on addressing the fact that, all too often, people with the most to gain from being active are the least able to take part. Yorkshire Sport Foundation is one of seven CSPs across England collaborating with Sport England to address this injustice.
The individual appointed will strengthen the relationship between local delivery and national programme design, ensuring resource rooted locally is well-connected nationally, and local intelligence and 'on the ground' experience informs the design of national programmes.
Testing a new way of working, to the principles of co-production, co-ownership and accountability, the main purpose of this shared role is:
- To build high level relationships between Sport England nationally and local delivery (via Yorkshire Sport Foundation), thereby strengthening the connections within the system at national and local level, informing decision making at all levels.
- To develop a deep understanding of local and national insight relevant to the role and ensure it's used to inform national policy and programmes and local delivery, identifying challenges, opportunities and learning both nationally and locally to maximise engagement in sport and physical activity.
- To create additional leadership and influence within Sport England and South Yorkshire/West Yorkshire, contributing to system change within the sector and the wider system.
- To facilitate new behaviours and ways of working within Sport England and Yorkshire Sport Foundation, by modelling these behaviours and supporting colleagues to adopt and implement in their own work.
The full job description is available below.
To apply, please complete the job application, equality monitoring form and reference form. Email applications to email@example.com or post to: FAO Shauna Corrigan, Yorkshire Sport Foundation, Nepshaw Lane South, Morley, Leeds LS27 7JQ.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is committed to promoting equality and diversity and are actively seeking to ensure the Company is representative of the local communities. We are a disability confident employer.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.