Jobs » PL KICKS Project Officer / Coach
PL KICKS Project Officer / Coach
PL KICKS Project Officer / Coach
About the Organisation
The Leeds United Foundation is a not-for-profit, sports charity that exists to deliver targeted, high quality programmes that have a real and measurable positive impact on and which nurture the relationship between, the club, its fans and its communities.
- To manage, promote, marketing and recruit targeted numbers for the Premier League KICKS programme
- To develop and implement with developing strategies and goal setting to achieve required Key Performance Indicators defined in the programme contract.
- Review the success and achievements against agreed targets, identifying strengths, weaknesses and areas for development.
- To plan, deliver and evaluate practical sessions in accordance to the programme requirements
- To Quality Assure the practical sessions in accordance to the minimum operating standards set by the Premier League
- Undertake communication and administrative duties relating to the Premier League KICKS programme
- Undertake training and development as required to maintain up to date skills and knowledge associated with the role.
- Coordinate the PL KICKS Programme from a Delivery Level, identifying and implementing opportunities to build / grow / improve the programmes in accordance to minimum operating standards
- To raise the profile of The Leeds United Foundation to encourage maximum participation for both boys and girls.
- To monitor the project to ensure all data is up to date on Substance Views and all targets are achieved
- To provide regular verbal/written reports and reviews to their line manager and key stake holders.
- To maintain the upkeep of all relevant equipment pertaining to the delivery of programmes and to the safety of participants.
- To lead by example and set appropriate standards for others to work to. See The Leeds United Foundation Code of Conduct.
- To ensure appropriate quality standards are maintained at all times in order to sustain and enhance the image of The Leeds United Foundation.
- To adopt principles of continuous personal and professional development with regard to the role.
- To undertake all other such relevant duties directed by the Senior Management team, which from time to time may be required with respect to the promotion of The Leeds United Foundation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Understanding of The Leeds United Foundation
- Experience of working with children and young people from areas of high need.
- Fundamental safe working practices
- An overview of the youth work sector including legislation and policies related to working with young people and how it links to PL KICKS programme.
- Knowledge of local initiatives , governments polices
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- NGB Level 2 in any Sport
- Safeguarding Children Workshop
- Emergency Aid Certificate
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- FA Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football
- Level one Certificate in Introductory to Youth Work
- Level 3 Qualification / Diploma in Youth Work Practice.
- Member of FA Coaches Licence Club
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Able to use a problem-solving approach to respond appropriately to a wide range of enquiries
- Can produce and respond to detailed written and oral communication in an office setting
- Ability to quickly analyse problems, prioritise and organise workloads and make effective decisions.
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision.
- Good Communication, presentation and negotiation skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- A proven advocate of excellent customer service.
- Ability to coordinate projects from development to implementation to completion.
- Can use standard applications to process, obtain and combine information - Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, mail merge, and databases
- Be willing to undertake further training and development as necessary in order to enhance service delivery.
- Promote participation in sport in areas of high need.
- provide opportunities for young people to develop skills and confidence
- Support young people to progress into positive pathways.
- Safeguarding young people's development and engaging and communicating with young people
- Experiencing of working with a range of community groups.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a sports environment.
- Work with partners to create safe and strong communities.
- Experience working with external agencies, volunteer groups and volunteers.
- Experience of applying for and monitoring externally funded projects.
- Access to own Vehicle
- Ability and Willingness to work outside of normal hours as of when required
- Flexible Approach to Work
Yorkshire Sport Foundation actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.