Funding » Creating Connections Recruit into Coaching Programme
Creating Connections Recruit into Coaching Programme
- Contact Name
- Andrew Lane
- 0330 2020280
- Amount Available
- up to £200
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Coach / Officials, Disability, Education / Training
- 11:59pm - Sun 31st January, 2016
This programme will support volunteers to gain a Level 1 or Level 2 coach qualification (or equivalent) in their chosen sport Successful candidates will be funded as follows:
- Up to £150 towards a Level 1 coaching qualification.
- Up to £200 towards a Level 2 coaching qualification.
After completing your qualification you will be expected to deliver regular coaching sessions at to increase participation within a club/organisation in West Yorkshire.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in developing and enhancing coaching provision across West Yorkshire, gain a coaching qualification and a valuable experience as a pathway into a coaching career.
In return for the funding towards their qualification, coaches will be required to:
- Deliver 15 voluntary hours of coaching with their club / organisation following their course.
- Pay the balance of their coaching course (this could be funded / part-funded by their club or organisation).
- Complete a case study towards the end of delivery.
- Good communication
- Organised with good time management
- Ability to interact and engage with people.
- Assisting coaches delivering sessions is desirable.
You will also need to meet any prerequisites for the coaching qualification you wish to complete.
The Experience You Will Gain
- Gain quality coaching experience working with a variety of people and abilities.
- Understand and adapt to participants needs.
- Understand your roles and responsibilities as a coach ensuring participates are engaged within your sessions.
Qualifications you will attain:
- A Level 1 or 2 coaching qualification in your chosen sport.
Application Process & Further Information
Please complete the online application form. Closing date: 5pm, 31st January 2016
If you require additional information or require the application in an alternative format please contact Andrew Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 2020280)
creating-connections-recruit-into-coaching-programme.docx (Document, 65.6 Kb)