Children in Need (Main Grants)
Main and Small Grants programmes are for not-for-profit organisations applying for grants of up to three years.
- Amount Available
- £10,001 to £40,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Coach / Officials, Education / Training, Improving Health, Running Costs
- BBC's Children in Need
- 11:30am - Mon 23rd August, 2021
- Active Together
About Children in Need (Main Grants)
- The deadline for the current round is 11.30am, August 23rd, 2021
- Grants may be up to 3 years in length
- Organisations can apply for £10,001 or more, per year
- You can not apply for more than £40,000 per year
- We are highly unlikely to award above £100k in total
- Organisations may only apply for a Main Grants or a Small grant in this round, not both.
How much can I apply for?
Applications can be for £10,001 or more, per year. You can not apply for more than £40,000 per year. We expect the average grant size to be around 30k per year. If you are applying for three years of funding, we are unlikely to award more than £100,000 in total. We expect most awards to be less than this and proportional to the size and capacity of the organisation. Please only ask for what you need to support children and young people at this time. If you want to apply for less than this, please see our Small Grants Programme.
How do we apply?
All applications must be submitted via our online portal. Once you have logged in, you will be able to complete and submit your application for the Main Grants programme.
Before applying, we strongly recommend you read our Main Grants Application Form Guidance.
We expect that this fund will be over-subscribed and only a proportion of applications will be successful. We also know that you need funding quickly.
When will we hear back?
We expect to make all decisions on Main Grants by the end of January 2022.
However, it is difficult for us to know exactly how many applications we will receive. We will get in touch with applicants if we need additional time.
If your application is successful you will receive an email informing you of the decision. This email will give you more information on what happens next and the terms and conditions of your grant. There may be some additional conditions on your grant:
- Changes that need to be made or things you will have to tell us before we can award you the funds.
- We expect all organisations to start spending their grant by January 2023
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.