Asda Foundation - Bringing Communities back together again
The ‘Bringing Communities Back Together’ grant will provide financial aid to local groups in two phases. Phase 1 July – September and phase 2 October – December; either through a celebration event (following social distancing guidelines) or by getting their activities and services back on track.
- Contact Name
- Local Asda Store: https://storelocator.asda.com/
- Amount Available
- £250 to £1,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- 1:00am - Fri 31st December, 2021
- Active Together
About Asda Foundation - Bringing Communities back together again
Now, as we move into the summer months and social distancing restrictions are due to ease, we are pleased to introduce a new grant which will be targeted at reuniting communities, celebrating togetherness, and supporting groups as they resume their activities in person again.
The 'Bringing Communities Back Together' grant will provide financial aid to local groups in two phases. Phase 1 July – September and phase 2 October – December; either through a celebration event (following social distancing guidelines) or by getting their activities and services back on track. Groups who cannot physically be back together, but whose activities are still open and available to the community, may also be included in this award. This guidance is applied to phase 1 only. Further guidance for phase 2, October – December activity will launch in August 2021. Further information will follow.
Asda Foundation supports local grass roots organisations to transform communities and improve the lives of people living within the Asda community.
We welcome applications from not-for-profit groups which:
• Have a presence in the local community and / or work to benefit that geographical area
• Are local to an Asda store
• Have the aim of bringing people back together as social distancing guidelines have eased
• Ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to become involved
• Are UK based
This grant stream does not support:
• Individual people
• Government funded schools, nurseries, and colleges. (However, PTAs, school support groups etc supporting extra-curricular activities are eligible to apply.)
Each superstore has a Community Champion, their role is to support projects within the community and support bringing people together. They manage all applications for Asda Foundation grants. The Asda Foundation do not accept applications sent directly from community groups. Please use the Asda Store Locator on the Asda Foundation website to get in touch with your local store and speak to your Community Champion about how we might be able to support you.
Funding Amounts and Timeline
• Groups may apply for one grant only to the maximum value of £1,000 and minimum of £250 per grant.
• Groups can apply for one grant across the whole of Bringing Communities Back Together grant stream (either during phase 1 July -September or phase 2 October – December).
• All phase 1 grant activities and events must take place between 1st July and 30th September 2021.
Phase 1: 17th May and 16th August - submit application
1st July and 30th September - deliver activity / event
Phase 2: August and September - submit application
1st October and 31st December - deliver activity / event
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.