Henry Smith Charity - Holiday Grants
The purpose of the Holiday Grants programme is to provide access to recreational trips or holidays for groups of children who experience disadvantage or who have disabilities. In particular we are interested in contributing to trips that would not take place without our funding.
- 020 7264 4970
- Amount Available
- £500 to £2,500
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Disability Groups, Education / Training, Social Welfare Outcomes
- 1:00am - Fri 30th September, 2022
- Active Together
About Henry Smith Charity - Holiday Grants
Key grant details:
- Grant size - £500 - £2,500
- Length - One-off short grants
- Decision timescale - 6 weeks
- Deadlines - Submission dates vary depending when trips or holidays take place
Please only apply for this grant if you meet the following criteria:
- Location of work - UK only, with priority to the 20% most deprived areas
- Funding covers - Short holidays and recreational trips
- Organisation type - Schools, small charities and not-for-profit organisations
You can ask us to help towards a single trip, which could be a day trip or a longer residential of up to seven days in length. This could be to a countryside or city location but must be outside the children's immediate locality.
Given the extraordinary impact of Covid-19 we will consider trips which are more local but have an emphasis on providing a new experience for the children and broadening their horizons. Examples include camping, trips to adventure activity centres or the seaside. We will consider multiple trips where a large group of children need to be split into smaller groups due to Covid restrictions, but these must be to the same venue/centre.
We prioritise applications that will benefit disadvantaged or disabled children living in the most deprived areas of the UK. For Holiday Grants this means areas that fall within the bottom 20% according to the National Indices of Deprivation.
|Date/s of trip in 2022||Dates when applications considered|
|4 April – 3 July:||Applications accepted 14 Feb 2022 – 2 May 2022|
|4 July – 4 September:||Applications accepted 3 May 2022 – 30 June 2022|
|5 September – 31 December:||Applications accepted 1 July 2022 – 30 September 2022|
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.