England Boxing Tackling Inequalities Fund
The Tackling Inequalities Fund aims to ease the financial burden on boxing clubs in the country’s most deprived communities. England Boxing will support applications for funding from £500 up to a maximum of £2,500 for the Tackling Inequalities Fund.
- Contact Name
- Regional Club Support Officer
- Amount Available
- £500 to £2,500
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- 1:00am - Sat 31st July, 2021
- Active Together
About England Boxing Tackling Inequalities Fund
The Tackling Inequalities Fund aims to ease the financial burden on boxing clubs in the country's most deprived communities.
Clubs looking to apply for this fund should first note the criteria and check they meet it before doing so.
They should apply if:
- They have NOT recently been in receipt of existing recent financial aid (i.e they have not received a grant since 1st November 2020, during the period of club closures e.g. Return To Play, local authority rates grant).
- They serve members from the most deprived communities falling into IMD bands 1-4, meaning clubs whose membership are drawn from the top 40% of the poorest communities in the country. This is determined by the "Indices of Multiple Deprivation". Click here to check the IMD ranking for your club or members.
The reason England Boxing is seeking out these particular clubs is that Sport England research suggests that people from deprived communities are less likely to keep active during the Coronavirus outbreak.
A small grant will therefore help clubs:
- keep in touch with their membership by improving communication
- help to devise some safe distance activities for members
- help to prepare for club's re-opening
- or simply to keep paying the bills so that the club is ready for the return
England Boxing will support applications for funding from £500 up to a maximum of £2,500 for the Tackling Inequalities Fund.
If you need support to apply, or think you sit just outside the criteria but still believe you have a compelling case for receiving funding, please contact your regional Club Support Officer (details below).
Applications should then be sent via email to your Club Support Officer to be assessed by a panel. Click here for a list of Club Support Officers
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.