Biffa Award uses money from landfill tax credits, donated by Biffa Waste Services to award grants to community and environmental projects across the UK.
- Contact Name
- Sally Hovell - Grants Officer - Eastern region, East Midlands and Northern Ireland
- 01636 670049
- Amount Available
- £10,000 to £75,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation, Facility Development
- Active Together
About Biffa Award
The Biffa Award has funded a range of community and environmental projects across England, Wales and Northern Ireland through its Large and Small Grants schemes since it was set up in 1997 under the Landfill Communities Fund.
As the amount of funding it receives through the Landfill Communities Fund is decreasing, however, and given that the Biffa Award scheme is 'heavily oversubscribed', the Award has felt it necessary to make the following changes:
- All Community Buildings and Recreation (ENTRUST D and E) projects must be within 5 miles (previously it was 7 miles) of a Biffa operation and 10 miles of any landfill sites or 10 miles of an active Biffa Landfill site.
- All Rebuilding Biodiversity (ENTRUST DA) projects must be within 15 miles of a Biffa operation.
- Biffa Award will now have one grant scheme where applicants can apply for between £10,000 and £75,000 (previously it was £50,000), with the project total cost not exceeding £200,000 inclusive of VAT.
- The Cultural Facilities theme will no longer be open to applications through the Main and Small Grants Schemes; instead Biffa will support heritage projects through its Partnership Scheme project with the Association of Independent Museums.
- The Smalls Grant Scheme has closed.
Yorkshire Sport Foundation is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.