Events » #YSFconnect: Understanding Open Data
#YSFconnect: Understanding Open Data
- Open Data Institute, Leeds
Munro House, Duke Street
- Contact Name
- Lucy Williams
- Contact Email
- Contact Telephone
- 0330 20 20 280
- Tue, 27 Nov 2018 (09:00 - 15:00)
- Organised By
- Yorkshire Sport Foundation
NOTE: please read this guidance before you book your place at this event.
- You should have some knowledge of data and insight to attend
- Have a read of this: 'What is open data and why do we care?'
- The active workshop session involves group work and there is an expectation that all delegates contribute to the tasks. This will also include some follow up actions after the event.
Registration from 9am
9.45am: Welcome and intrdocution
9.50am: Keynote 1 - Izy Champion; Data and Innovation Manager at Sport England
Keynote on the role that data can play in helping people get active, and specifically why Sport England have focused on open data.
10.20am: Keynote 2 - OpenActive Project Richard Norris, Programme Manager, The ODI London
A community-led initiative aiming to help people get active using open data. Exploring how the physical activity sector can encourage providers to open up their data.
10.40am: Emma Robinson, Research and Insight Manager at Yorkshire Sport Foundation
Providing a local perspective on engaging partners with both OpenActive and the 4Global Datahub.
11.30am: Workshop - Paul Connell & Amy Evans; Open Data Institute, Leeds
Active workshop: "How are we going to publish, use, re-use and share data?"
1.30pm: Lunch and networking
For details on how to get to the venue, click HERE
This event is open to partners from West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire. There are currently no plans to repeat this event in South Yorkshire.