Events » Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People In Sport
Effective Communication: Coaching Deaf People In Sport
- Pontefract Squash And Leisure Club
Pontefract Squash and Leisure Club Stuart Rd Pontefract
Enhance Your Communication Skills AND Meet the Needs of Deaf Participants
Developed in partnership with UK Deaf Sport and the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS) this is an interactive workshop that will help develop your communication skills, so you can fully include deaf people of all ages. It's very likely that at some point you'll coach an individual who is deaf *. Delivered by coaches who are deaf themselves this workshop will give you the confidence to include them in your sessions alongside your hearing participants. What's more this workshop will help you develop your non verbal communication skills so your day-to-day coaching sessions will improve.
Duration: 3 hours (includes practical element)
- be aware of deafness and understand the barriers facing deaf people in sport.
- have developed your own communication skills and be able to use them effectively in any coaching session
- be aware of and understand the pathways for deaf sport to encourage deaf participants to aim high
- be able to develop an action plan to include deaf people in your coaching session
"I'd recommend any coach attend this workshop. It was such a positive and fun experience, meeting and speaking to other coaches. The tools and techniques I learnt have made me much more confident, should the opportunity to coach deaf or hard of hearing people arise." Clive Johnston, Squash Coach